Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Tethered shooting: latest photo always gets selected automatically

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When shooting tethered Lightroom always automatically selects the latest photo imported from the camera. This literally makes working in a 2 person setup almost impossible. It would be awesome and speed up the postproduction process if my assistant could navigate through the photos taken without being interrupted by Lightroom always selecting the latest photo. Maybe you can add an option to enable / disable this autoselection of the latest photo.

Currently the only workaround is to give every imported photo a star or color. Then when filtering for the very rating or color given Lightroom cannot automatically select the latest photo for it is not passing the filter. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought, I have used Lightroom from the beta versions for the last seven months prior to it's release and it has always been described as a singular user application by design.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6.1, LrC 11.0.1, Lr 5, Ps 23.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Have you checked Disable Auto Advance in File > Tethered Capture > Start Tethered Capture?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/import-photos-tethered-camera.html 

johnrellis_0-1632529057522.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are probably using the wrong product.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My answer is the same as @johnrellis  -

From the link given by John-

Rob_Cullen_0-1632639379093.png

Also- The CAPS LOCK key can change (toggle) Auto Advance on/off. Check the status of the Caps Lock.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.0.1, Photoshop 23.0.2, Lightroom 5.0, Bridge 12.0, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much everyone! Auto Advance was the key. Now I can finally work so much better with an assistant. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines