Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethering from Nikon D750 to Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I just recently purchased a tether cable (USB 2.0 to Mini-B 8 Pin Cable) to connect to my Nikon D750. However, when I tether capture in Lightroom Classic, it doesn't detect a camera. I have Lightroom Classic version 12.4 on my Macbook Pro 2021. I was wondering if there are any resolutions? What can I do?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If not already done- Start here-

TETHERED TROUBLE-SHOOTING

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this link. I have tried to download an updated version of lightroom (version 13) as well as used an empty memory card, but the same problem keeps occurring where it cannot detect a camera. I am wondering if it is my camera itself, or Apple software? I can see that Adobe says to update macOS to Catalina or later. I currently have macOS Sonoma 14.2 installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am still having the same issue as before. Does it have something do Mac OS Sonoma being on my computer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I may not be of much help with a Mac system, but LrC is supported in macOS Monterey (version 12.0) or later, so Sonoma will be capable.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html

One suggestion is to confirm you have Full Disk Access for LrC.

FULL DISK ACCESS PERMISSIONS

I believe you have the correct cable. Hopefully you are using-  Socket 18 (in the Nikon 750 maunal).

2024-03-29 12_42_22-Clipboard.jpg

Is your cable very long?  Did you buy it from a reputable source? Do you have the original short usb cable supplied with a new camera purchase? Is it possible the MacBook has a faulty usb socket?

Are you using Live View?  Do you see the Tether overlay on screen when you start tether? (And then camera is not detected.)

"I have tried to download an updated version of lightroom (version 13)"

"Tried" - did it not install?  Are you using the Creative Cloud Desktop App to upgrade Lightroom-Classic?  (v13.2 recommended.) Which Version do you have working?

I don't think I can offer much more advice- sorry.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines