• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethering Nikon D780 to Lightroom Classic not working on macOS 10.14.6

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to tether my D-780. I see the D-780 is listed as tetherable in adobe support, but I am not able to get it to connect. I've updated my Nikon firmware and the Camera Raw Plug-in for Lightroom, and have the correct version of LR. I'm trying to get information about Mac system requirements and haven't found an answer there either.  Do I need to upgrade my OS?

MacBook Pro mid 2015

Mojave 10.14.6

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB & Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB graphics cards

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to have that model MBP with Mojave. Tethering worked fine for me with my D850. Try other USB cables in case you have a bad one.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw Plug-in for Lightroom,

Lightroom-Classic does not use the Camera Raw Plugin- ACR is for Photoshop only!

and have the correct version of LR.

Which Version do you have?  Post the report you see from MENU: Help > System Info

Only Lightroom-Classic (LrC) has tethering capabilities.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob-

I understand CamRaw works with Ps, though Adobe had me update all my software, including CamRaw. See screen shot. they also say this...

"With Adobe Camera Raw, you can enhance raw images from many different cameras and import the images into various Adobe applications. Supported applications include Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, Lightroom, Photoshop Elements, After Effects, and Bridge. The table below lists all cameras that the Camera Raw plug-in (versions 1.0 through 13.4) supports."

Lightroom Classic version: 10.4 [ 202108071231-af9219b9 ]
License: Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic while trying to use the Nikon D780 for Tethered capture. Would you mind sharing the exact version of Lightroom Classic you're using as suggested by Rob_Cullen.

You can check out: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-tethered-capture-lightroom.html

Let us know if the steps suggested in the article help!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, though I reveiwd your page yesterday and have done everything listed there.

Lightroom Classic version: 10.4 [ 202108071231-af9219b9 ]
License: Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addtion, I have the Nikon Tehtered plug-in istalled and activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update:

After doing everythong suggested by documentation and support, I turned off the Nikon Tether Plug In and was able to turn on and off tethered shooting and create a folder, though no camera controls appeared nor was I able fire off a frame from the camera and have it appear or download in LR.

I talked to Nikon and they suggested sending my camera in for repair.

One more step for me is to attempt to connect with another laptop with a newer Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update to the update.

Turns out the two cables provided with my Nikon were the culpret. After trying yet a third cable, all is good in the tether world. My hunch is the Nikon supplied cables are USB 2 that aren't playing well with my latpop.

Thank you all fory yor assistance.

~Jarid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines