Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Tethering not working with Lightroom Classic on Canon 6D Mark II

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am unable to shoot tethered on my MacBook Pro (Apple M1 ; macOS Big Sur Version 11.5.2) with my Canon 6D Mark II. I have tried CC Cleaner/Uninstalling and reinstalling LRC and launching it with Rosetta. This is what happens- each time I tether, turn on the camera and launch LRC, it gives me a prompt to relaunch in Rosetta which I do but that's it! The software hangs from there on and my camera LCD shows a little laptop icon and the camera becomes unrepsonsive. My LRC is version 10.4 so I am guessing the error has nothing to do with the MacOS or the chip?

I have also contacted my local Canon support and they are unable to help.

As you can imagine it is really effecting my workflow and extremely frustrating to say the least.

Has anyone else encountered the same and knows how to resolve this? Thanks so much in advance!!!!

PS: A video below to show the error as it occurs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jo9ct24ymklu0fk/IMG_8089%202.MOV?dl=0 IMG_8087.jpg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to File menu > Plug-in Manager, is the Nikon tether plug-in disabled? If so, enable it (I know that sounds odd!) then restart LR and see if you can then tether your Canon.

-------------------------------------
The Lightroom Queen - Author of the Lightroom Missing FAQ & Edit Like a Pro books.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Victoria! Aftre I posted here I brought the camera and laptop to Canon servcie centre and turns out I needed a firmware update on my camera. The issue has since been resolved and I am hoping it doesnt recur. Thanks for your tip though. I am going to enable the Nikon tether plug-in as well 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines