Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethering via Wifi?

New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I havent found a clear answer neither in the LC articles nor in the forums..

Is wi-fi tethering possible with LC? 

I'm on MacOs Monterrey, connected to my Nikon D750 wifi but LC doesnt detect the camera at all.

I am able to tether via QDSLR https://dslrdashboard.info/ using wifi so the camera is connected to the laptop correctly, it just doesnt work with LC.

So Im just wondering if I should just get a cable because its is a known fact that Wifi Tethering doesnt work or is there still sth I can try?

Thanks

Marta

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I presume that by "LC" you are referring to Lightroom-Classic LrC.

I researched the Nikon D750 WiFi App and found it only tethered to an iPhone/iPad.

If QDSLR can 'Send / Tether' files to a folder in your Mac, then you may only be able to use the 'Auto Import' feature of LrC.

In LrC Auto Import setup- Define a "Watched Folder" (that must be empty!) and a "Destination Folder" (where LrC will store the files).

Then set up QDSLR to 'Save/Send' the files to the "Watched Folder". As you shoot the images will go  Camera > QDSLR > Watched Folder > Destination Folder, and appear there in the Catalog.

My experience of D750 and Windows-10 using a USB cable to tether has always been successful. I cannot comment on Mac and Monterey iOS.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi Rob, thanks for your reply.

Yes I did mean Lightroom Classic indeed. The Wifi option does sound like a bit of a hassle in that way so I think I'll just buy a cable and try that. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines