• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethering with Canon 5D Mark IV not working in Lightroom Classic on macOS - "no camera detected"

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to shoot tethered with my Canon 5D Mark IV to Lightroom Classic on MacBook Pro. I can do this with no problems with my 5D Mark III. When I plug the Mark IV in, the little remote bar pops up but says "No Camera Detected." My MacBook has the latest OS, my Lightroom Classic has latest update and my camera has latest firmware. I do not have EOS Utility installed on my MacBook. I don't have FTP enabled. I've read a ton of forums and cannot find an answer to make my tethering work. I just don't understand how a Mark III works with no issues, but then the Mark IV isn't recognized. Help!

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic while trying to use the Canon 5D mark IV for tethered capture. Would you mind sharing the exact versions of Lightroom Classic & macOS that you're working on? Do you have an SD card in the camera when you connect the camera to your Macbook? If not, please put in a card & then connect the camera to check if it helps.

You can also try checking out the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-tethered-capture-lightroom.html

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My husband just suggested using a shorter cord and that solved the problem. I used the cord that came with the camera (maybe 3ft long) instead of my Tether Tools 15ft cord and that apparently was the issue. I did buy the TetherBooster Pro from Tether Tools last night as well, so I'm hoping that will allow me to use the 15 ft cord with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same thing was happening when I had both cards in slots. Took one out and voilà!  problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines