• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethering with M1 Pro chip

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to a MacBook Pro with the M1 Pro chip tethering in Lightroom Classic (11.2) has been inconsistant. The Mac is running OS 12.2.1. After 3 or 4 photos Lightroom looses the connection. The cable is new from tether Tools. Was on chat with someone from Adobe and they were no help.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, the M1 native version of Lightroom Classic does not support thethering yet.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/shooting-tethered.44684/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start tethering Lightroom wants to restart and launch Rosetta. Since the M1 chips have been out for awhile and there have been several updates to Lightroom, I thought one of the updates would have been for tethering,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Truckie351 wrote:

When I start tethering Lightroom wants to restart and launch Rosetta. Since the M1 chips have been out for awhile and there have been several updates to Lightroom, I thought one of the updates would have been for tethering,

Not yet. Adobe needs to get a so called SDK from Nikon and Canon to update tethering and apparently they did not get what they need yet.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I was afraid of, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Canon released an M1 version of their SDK the first part of December.  I dont know about Nikon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines