• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Search Enhancement Request

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Library Module, when searching text, I would appreciate if the capability was added to restrict searches to "only" words that are included in the list.  So, in the containment drop down, create an option that "contains only" and allow the user to list several words, separated by commas, that would result in photos that contain the words listed.  It becomes a logical "AND" rather than an "OR." Is this already available? If so, I do not know how to do it.  If I want to look for all Female Bald Eagles, then I would include in my list: "Bald Eagle," "Female". It would then only retrieve only female Balk Ealges as opposed to all Bald Eagles and all photos that included the keyword "Female."

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's implemented: Use the "contains words" operator rather than "contains".   "Contains x y" searches for the string "x" or the string "y" anywhere in the chosen field.  "Contains words x y" searches for the punctuation-separated word "x" and the word "y" in the field. See here for precise definitions of all the text operators:

https://johnrellis.com/lightroom/anyfilter.htm#textops 

In general, the LR search facilities aren't well-designed.  There's no equivalent of "contains x y" that uses logical-and rather than logical-or, and vice versa for "contains words x y".   Most fields don't support exact text match. Etc. etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Love it!  Tried it and it works just as you suggested it would!  You guys are amazing!  I love Adobe Products!!!  I am a very happy customer!

This really helps to more accurately produce the hits I am looking for.  Wonderful!!

Thank you for responding in such a timely way!  Wow!!

Brent Ririe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines