• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thdse auto update to v11.0.1 has destroyed all my preferences, plugins and history of catalogs used

Participant ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the hell just happend? Auto update got me ver 11.0.1 and suddenly I have lost everything.

How do I get it all back without redoing all the work I did in preferences and setting up plugins please?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and this sudden loss happed today Dec 3rd and not when Creative Cloud says it updated to 11.0.1 16 days ago!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and this sudden loss happed today Dec 3rd and not when Creative Cloud says it updated to 11.0.1 16 days ago!!!!

By @brianw79828710

I doubt the update to 11.0.1 did this. More than likely, the preference file was corrupted and you need to restore it from your backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean specifically (lost everything)? Preferences store, well just preferences you'd see in the preference dialog and as indicated, an update doesn't do anything to them. Now if you asked to un install via the CC application, and you did tell that process to delete prefs' indeed, they would be gone. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It acted like a brand new install. Insisted on creating new catalog and when it did, all my preferences were reset. I have 6 catalogues and open each one to put them into the 'recently opened' history for convenience as they are scattered over 4 drives.

So why, 16 days after the update did LR upgrade (it even insisted on a tour!).

I found my existing catalogs now but have had to go through Preferrences all over again and also reset the panels open on the right hand side.

Not amused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why, 16 days after the update did LR upgrade (it even insisted on a tour!).

The only plausible explanation in my mind: Hardware malfunction, your files were corrupted.

Why did you have to go through preferences again and reset them? You should have backups of your preference file(s) that you can use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By preferences I include the labels etc attached to images in both views and LR backs up the catalog every week. That wont help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@brianw79828710 wrote:

By preferences I include the labels etc attached to images in both views and LR backs up the catalog every week. That wont help.

Labels are not part of preferences however. So something else is going on here. Did you change the name of the color labels? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuDp2P-DzM8

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the PREVIOUS version of LR used with those catalogs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea, I take no notice of version numbers and let Adobe update whenever it asks. But when I found them they opened fine without wanting to be updated like when there is an upgrade. I notice that Adobe Cloud on my desktop has an option for Photoshop to keep previous preferences and settings but LR Classic doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines