• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The ARW raw file from Sony A7ii shows more noise in LrC than in Capture One for Sony (WHY?)

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Adobe LrC user and I was very surprised to see that the raw file from my Sont A7ii camera was showing so much noise at only 400 ISO.

So, I shot a picture with RAW+JPEG file and compared, noticed that the JPEG was much less noisy.

At this point, I just opened the same ARW file on both Adobe LrC and on Capture One 21 for Sony.

I did not make any change to the ARW file before comparing, just open and compare it on screen.

I was very suprised to see that when on LrC the file was shoing a lot of noise in the darker lights, instead on Capture One the same file was shoing almost no noise.

See the attached screen shots as a sample.

Why that happens?

Thanks,

Antonio

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot logically compare the results from two different raw converters because you don't know the algorithms that each one uses as a starting point. If you want to use LrC efficiently, and you want a more effective and efficient starting point then it would probably be wise to establish your own defaults that would include noise reduction and sharpening that meet your standards. The process for doing this in LrC changed a few versions ago, and here is an excellent tutorial explaining how to establish your own defaults that could include noise reduction and sharpening to suit your expectations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGCnR9qEqA4&t=29s 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines