• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The checkbox for Synching to the left of a collection has disappeared ?

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kevanhuntphotography_0-1620809511453.png

I am running LR Classic version 10.2 and I am having trouble synching to mobile and Portfolio i selected to synch one of my collections using the synch icon checkbox at the side of the collection, which worked fine at first but now I have made additions to the collection the checkbox with the synch icon is no longer available and i am unable to update my collection to my mobile or Portfoliio?

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that syncing isn't paused.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kevanhuntphotography_0-1620812146134.png

Thanks Johan synching is not paused?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan,

I closed and reopened Lightroom and the synch check box appeared and my changes synched?

kevanhuntphotography_0-1620814097568.png

I then closed and reopened lightroom again and the synch check box dissapeared and my changes have not synched?

kevanhuntphotography_1-1620814202338.png

do you have any ideas.

Thanks

Kevan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I have no idea. Post it at the feedback forum. That is where Adobe tech hangs out.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Johan, i have done that 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here...Lightroom classic says everything is fine, the sync status is green checked. No sync checkbox in front of collections. I created a new collection, but I can't enable sync to cloud option. No menu, no checkbox...Any solutions?

Thank You! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd try closing LrC then log out of the Adobe Creative Cloud app, then log back in again, then try LrC again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Thank You for Your Answer. I restarted LrC several times, and the problem
has solved itself, but this was not the first time, so I think it is just
temporary. Next time between two restarts, I'll try to logout and log in to
my account.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing this sometimes with a large catalog where Lightroom sync acts like it's taking a nap on restart. It takes a while for everything to be read and sync to appear. Sometimes a restart wakes it up. Next time, I'll try @Jim Wilde's suggestion.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

Thank You for your Answer. It's funny that I think the same. LrC just too
lazy sometimes and to top it all, my catalog is a moderate sized one, only
containing 7500 photos. This time several restarts solved the problem, but
I think this wasn't the last time...

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have answers.

These problems have resolved themselves for me with a LrC restart, but for the first time ever in LrC I have seen these two glitches-

1) All the Sync icons disappeared from the synced Collections.

2) A complete Keyword heirarchy of KWs under a parent "WHO" caused all the 'WHO' person keywords to disappear from the KW panel.

Cold restarts and Preferences Resets seem to be the common answers to the many glitches we see reported in the forum.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines