• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The file could not be found

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently migrated all my data from a 2012 MacBook Pro to a 2022 M1 MacBook Pro. In terms of LRC, all was well and I could access all the files I had been using on the old computer. Then, without me doing anything, like moving folders around in Finder rather than within LRC, I now get the above error message whenever I try to access files in a specific Folder call Other Lightroom Device. I went back to the old computer thinking that my files would be there but the same issue is active there as well. I'm not sure where to go on this. I've looked at some very good Youtube videos on this issue but none of them provide a solution in this case. Any help would be appreciated. I know this already thread exists but most of the material I've seen is quite old and does not provide any answers beyond the YouTube stuff I have seen

. Thank you, Michael

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the answer from @Just Shoot Me in this forum link-

I believe it will be the answer you need.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quot-other-lightroom-devices-quot-amp-q...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you 'jumped' onto the forum thread in the link I gave, which was to a 2020 thread, that may not receive an answer.

Your screen-clip there indicates all the files are missing.

I would guess that the new install of Lightroom-Classic has 'lost' the path to link the files with the catalog.

Did you 'Copy' ALL the image files from the old system to the new?

Are they in the same relative locations? Do you know where they are?

MISSING FILES AND FOLDERS-(Computer Darkroom)

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Lightroom Queen)

With new Mac systems it can be a problem with Folder Permissions that cause LrC to lose the connection to the original files.

This advice is from a post by Johan Elzenga-

"Open your System Preferences - Security & Privacy and make sure that Photoshop either has the necessary privileges in 'Files and Folders', or that you added it to 'Full Disk Access'."

Rob_Cullen_0-1646716294787.png

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the advice given didn't yet solve your problem, can you post a screenshot of the folder panel that shows the folder you are trying to access? The fact that this folder is called 'Other Lightroom Device' according to your original post, makes me think that this may not be an ordinary folder, but a 'device' that Lightroom creates when it downloads images from the cloud into a synced catalog. Such a 'device' is actually a .lrdata file in your catalog folder, which you may have forgotten to copy to the new machine.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thank you for joining in. Is this screenshot helpful in this regard? I think it has all the information that you are asking about. I have been trying to find any of the missing RAW files via typing in their name to Finder search. It finds nothing. Same on the old computer. So I decided to see what happened if I used Lightromm CC on the old computer, which is what I started with before deciding I prefer LRC. It took a little time but those missing RAW files are all on the Adobe Cloud still. I remember that when I went over to LRC that I downloaded them all onto the hard drive and gave that folder the name Imported Photos. I do not recall choosing to make any Folder called Other Lightroom Devices and this actually seems to be a recent appearance. I have Sync selected in the Cloud icon in Upper Right and it says up to date but this is clearly not the case. I'd like to get those files back on my hard drive and hopefully with all my edits intact. 
-- Michael Stanborough

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what do you see for Folders on the Macintosh HD when you toggle the disclosure triangle?

2022-03-09 15_57_44-Clipboard.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything that is nested inside Macintosh HD is a full RAW file or a TIFF file that has been edited outside of LRC such as Photoshop or Topaz Sharpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's like I said. Your screenshot shows that Lightroom sees this folder as being on a separate device, not on Macintosh HD. That device is the .lrdata file that must be inside your catalog folder. Did you copy it to the new location too?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I've been crazy busy with my real job and I'm back to trying to nut this out. I did a search via FInder on .lrdata and it returned the files shown in the screenshot. Nothing straight up .lrdata 

Over on the old computer the same search shows a single file Mobile Downloads.lrdata

Not sure of my next move here...any help greatly appreciated. Sorry for being so flat out dumb about all this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mobile Downloads.lrdata is the file you are looking for. Is this screenshot from the new computer or from the old one?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. The screen shot is from the new computer. So that file, Mobile Downloads.lrdata is on the new computer. Also over on the new computer, I opened LR and just like on the old computer, all the RAW files are showing up and editable. Hmm. How can I direct LRC to sync with those RAW files - the catalog already has the .jpg thumbnails. Sorry, one step forward and one back it seems.  I really appreciate you taking the time. kind regards, Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@michaels27102204 wrote:

Hi. The screen shot is from the new computer. So that file, Mobile Downloads.lrdata is on the new computer. Also over on the new computer, I opened LR and just like on the old computer, all the RAW files are showing up and editable. Hmm. How can I direct LRC to sync with those RAW files - the catalog already has the .jpg thumbnails. Sorry, one step forward and one back it seems.  I really appreciate you taking the time. kind regards, Michael

I'm not sure that I understand your question. If all the raw files are showing up and are editable, then what do you mean with "How can I direct LRC to sync with those RAW files". Lightroom is already 'synced' with them if you can edit them.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, yes, a bit confusing....so it's like this - LightRoom CC, Version 5.2 can see the files but LrC Version 11.1, cannot sync with them so I can only see the thumbnails and cannot access the RAW files. It used to work just fine on the old computer and some of these images are in a portfolio catalog that I have set up so that it updates the online images in there when I edit them in LrC. I hope this making sense now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom (desktop, the 'CC' was dropped from the name some years ago) is a different application. It does not use the same catalog as Lightroom Classic. You can enable sync in the Lightroom Classic catalog however, and then all images in Lightroom will automatically be downloaded and then kept in sync, including all edits. Apparently you did have sync enabled on the old computer, but not yet on the new computer. Note that Lightroom Classic can only sync one catalog, so enabling sync on the new computer will terminate sync on the old one.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines