• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The following files were not imported because they could not be read...

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem to some, but in the last 4 weeks or so,  Lightroom CC and Camera Raw 9.8 is only inputting 3/4 of my files. If I go out and shoot 100 pictures and input them 75ish import and 25ish do not. I shoot a Nikon D7100 and shoot only raw. I have re-formatted my SD card. Here is the weird thing, I used to use Adobe Elements 13 so I tried Nikon Transfer 2 and it transferred all the pictures where Lightroom only transfers about 3/4 of them. If I then go into Lightroom and try to import some of the files that were "unreadable" about half will be fine while the other half Lightroom can not open.

Here are the files unsaved the total shoot was 144 shots 114 transferred fine

The following files were not imported because they could not be read or the destination folder is not writable. (30)

DSC_2535.NEF

DSC_2538.NEF

DSC_2548.NEF

DSC_2549.NEF

DSC_2552.NEF

DSC_2554.NEF

DSC_2566.NEF

DSC_2579.NEF

DSC_2582.NEF

DSC_2590.NEF

DSC_2597.NEF

DSC_2606.NEF

DSC_2608.NEF

DSC_2621.NEF

DSC_2624.NEF

DSC_2634.NEF

DSC_2635.NEF

DSC_2649.NEF

DSC_2650.NEF

DSC_2658.NEF

DSC_2661.NEF

DSC_2662.NEF

DSC_2663.NEF

DSC_2665.NEF

DSC_2666.NEF

DSC_2667.NEF

DSC_2670.NEF

DSC_2671.NEF

DSC_2672.NEF

DSC_2674.NEF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Another thing that can be happening here is the second part of the error message: "or the destination folder is not writable. (30)". If by any chance you are importing to an external disk, check the connection to it as this also could indicate problems writing to the destination folder. Often those are permissions errors but can also be triggered by bad connections (bad USB cable, unseated plug, etc.) to the disk you are copying to.

Second, you should be extremely careful using Nikon Transfer. Th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you connecting the camera directly to the computer? If you are try a card reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am connecting my camera to the computer. I do not own a card reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

close Lightroom

unplug the camera

reboot the computer

plug in the camera

restart lightroom

Ultimately you will be much happier using a card reader. Card readers are much faster in the file transfers, do not need special drivers, are far less error prone, and do not drain the camera battery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I will try that and I will try to get a card reader. The only fear I have with a card reader is me going out to take pictures and not having a card in my camera , but it is a D7100 I have two, so that really should not be a  problem.

It is just strange because 5 weeks ago I took a trip and 372 pictures went through fine, then the next week I started having this problem.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having this issue with my card reader.

i bought a new one and stiil getting the error message was not imported because not able to read

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tbray76, check the answers in this thread. This error is usually (and confusingly) caused by the destination folder where you are copying the files to not having write access for the user you are using. You need to check the destination selection in your import panel and make sure your user can write files there. Realize that on both Mac OS X and Windows you normally are not able to write any files in the root level of your hard disk so make sure it is in the user's home folder or an external drive that you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing that can be happening here is the second part of the error message: "or the destination folder is not writable. (30)". If by any chance you are importing to an external disk, check the connection to it as this also could indicate problems writing to the destination folder. Often those are permissions errors but can also be triggered by bad connections (bad USB cable, unseated plug, etc.) to the disk you are copying to.

Second, you should be extremely careful using Nikon Transfer. There are MANY reports of it corrupting NEF files when using it to transfer files making them unreadable to anything but Nikon Software. In fact you should only use operating system utilities or Lightroom's import to transfer files. This is also why using a disk reader is a much better choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the above from Jao, and-

I have seen this error when someone is 'accidentally' trying to copy the photos from the camera card BACK to the camera card, and the card is full.  Check your destination folder in the Import dialog.

This should not (or cannot) occur with recent versions of Lr, but check anyway.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Mac 10.14 and above Please close Lightroom

Open system preferences and Go to: Security and privacy >privacy >full disk access>unlock it. Unlock button is on bottom left once it is unlocked click the + sign and browse to Lightroom and add it and check Lightroom.
Do the same under accessibility tab. 
Then try to import the photos again.
You may also try changing the ports. Test a different card 

Copy the images to desktop and then try to import. 

Make sure you have enough space in your local drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is 5 years old. The solution you gave did not apply back then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes i can understand but we are getting query for the same till now and this issue is due to permission so the solution is based on current senarios which can be implemnted on old machines too. As people try to find a solution at form first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines