• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The gpu acceleration of lightroom 12.0.1 m1pro on mac os 13.0 is limited

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 14 inch macbook pro uses the m1pro processor to upgrade to mac os ventura, and then uses the gpu of lightroom12.0.1 to accelerate it into limited availability

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Your model of MacBook Pro  has at least 16GB of memory. Therefore, it will meet all of the systems requirements for full GPU acceleration support. However, the GPU self check when launching LrC has probably detected an issue and disabled all or part of GPU acceleration. This is not unusual after an OS update. Fortunately, it's relatively easy to fix this.  You need to use 'Finder' to navigate to the below location  then delete the contents of the folder. LrC will recreate same when it relaunches

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Windows user, so I can not advise you of any remedy. On my Windows 11 computer LrC indicates limited support for GPU acceleration, and there really isn't any setting to change that other than to turn it off which I have not done. I don't know if there is a driver update you can install on your Mac that might remedy the situation. I have never used a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The macos cannot update the driver. Only the lightroom software can be updated to fix the error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 14 inch macbook pro uses the m1pro processor to upgrade to mac os ventura, and then uses the gpu of lightroom12.0.1 to accelerate it into limited availability

By @清瑶26977613ipfh

Without you stating specifically what the issue is, I doubt anyone can help. "Limited availability" tells me nothing. Please describe the issue in detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake, I apologize. I forgot about that fact about the Mac. That's what I get for chiming in on something I have never used. "I think" what the OP is referring to is this:

Screenshot_20221105_104614.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is normal for the auto choice to default into "limited acceleration" if you do not have a lot of memory on the gpu. The m1 chip uses shared memory with main memory. If you change from auto to custom, does it show that it uses the gpu for display and for image processing but is disabled for export? That is typical for this circumstance. You can manually override the last one and enable it for export but it probably won't make much difference so is fine if you keep it on auto. If the custom shows it only uses the gpu for display, that is a problem as you really want the gpu be used for image processing and could be a bug. There is no such thing as a GPU driver update for m1 macs as they use a GPU embedded on the main chip and not on a separate card, which gives a massive speedup of memory access and other operations. But it does mean that driver updates come with the operating system automatically and you don't have to go to somebody else's ebsite to download a driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read here for the explanation:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html

You'll see that to get it enabled for export, you need 8GB of GPU memory or 16 GB of shared memory. If your M1Pro is only the 8 GB model (amazing they actually sell those but I digress), it will not enable the GPU for export automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your model of MacBook Pro  has at least 16GB of memory. Therefore, it will meet all of the systems requirements for full GPU acceleration support. However, the GPU self check when launching LrC has probably detected an issue and disabled all or part of GPU acceleration. This is not unusual after an OS update. Fortunately, it's relatively easy to fix this.  You need to use 'Finder' to navigate to the below location  then delete the contents of the folder. LrC will recreate same when it relaunches. All being well, you will have Full GPU support again

'Users > yourname > Library > Application Support > Adobe > CameraRaw > GPU > Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NICE!Thank you very much for your answer. According to the operation, the problem has been solved!!!Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks man, I held of on updating to Ventura from Monterey and was regretting it when I couldn't figure out why accelaration wasn't working. thanks for the fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix also worked for my m2 pro mac mini. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Guys,

I have the same problem at now on M1 pro chip, on Sonoma 14.1 

As you wrote the library steps the chain stop from GPU...
I I make the folders manually is not working 😕
What should I do?

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines