• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Lightroom catalog cannot be opened because it is too new...

Participant ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The Lightroom catalog named X cannot be opened because it is too new to be used by this version of Lightroom. Would you like to select a different catalog?"

I am trying to open a catalog created by a different user. When I try to open it I get the above message. However, my Lightroom CC and Lighroom Classic CC is totally up-to-date. Any idea on how to fix? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now getting this error on all my lightroom catalogs, I can't open any of them without getting this error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Bring up LrC, click on Help, then System Info. What version is reported?

2. Is that version correct? Or is it older than expected?

Wondering if you had upgraded LrC. If you had gone from say v10 to v11, upgraded the catalog(s), but either you have two copy's of LrC installed or you rolled back the version to a pre upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting the preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT WAS NOT HELPING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening because, as it says, the other catalogue is too new for the version of LrC on your computer.

My guess is that LrC is shown as up-to-date because your computer's operating system is now too old to update to the latest version. So we need to know your version of LrC and the OS.

In LrC, please go to Help > System Info, copy the first 10 lines from the dialog box and paste them here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assuming OS compatible: it may be that the Creative Cloud app also requires update itself, before the latest updates of LrC (etc) will be offered.

Also just for completeness - perpetual-licensed version updates stopped some years ago, this would need to be within a subscription plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines