The Lightroom catalog cannot be used because the parent folder “/Volumes/Seagate (Mac)/XXX/Photos” d

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what i get now after doing updates. 

The Lightroom catalog cannot be used because the parent folder “/Volumes/8 TB (Mac)/XXX/Photos” does not allow files to be created within it.

Please either fix the folder permissions before continuing or choose a different catalog.

I cannot open LR at all. I checked the System Preferences . This is obviously a bug as it was fine yesterday before I did the updates to MacOS and to Lightroom Classic.

Please help

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022
Does Lightroom have Full Disk Access? System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Full Disk Access (checked in the right column)

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Lightroom have Full Disk Access? System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Full Disk Access (checked in the right column)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me!  I was having the exact same problem after updating both!  Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your MACOS now?

What was your MACOS before?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. This worked for me after long night of searching.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great. Thanks for updating your post. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines