• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The ligtroom program does not start

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't turn on lightroom. No reaction. I tried renaming the SLCache and SLStore folders but I don't have them in Mac: System Library/Application Support/Adobe

I will add that photoshop works fine

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the folder your catalog is in, does a lock file exist?

[yourcatalogname].lrcat.lock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GoldingD see i have something like this. But that's probably not the file you're looking for. Do you have any other idea where the problem is? I will add that lightroom classic works from the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, no lock file in that screen capture. The file you circled is your catalog. You might want to double click on it and see if LrC starts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes LRC opens. Still no Lr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will add that after downloading Lr, I do not want to install on macbook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see screenshot. when i click here it does not open. all others work fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"yes LrC opens. Still no Lr"

Ok, confused, your LrC works, your Lr does not?

Sounds like I have been replying to the wrong question (my bad)

See reply by Rikk Flohr 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, your screen capture shows a folder named Backups, are you backing your catalog up into that folder? Bad form, backups should be placed in separate hard drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it has been set up like this from the beginning. I didn't change anything. should i?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-bugs/p-lightroom-installing-failure-o... 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your help. Together, we solved the problem. In my case, the installation of the language (english international) helped. Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have similar problem. Lr desktop app does not open (however online version via Safari works), I have no SLCache nor SLStore folder on my Mac. Tried to uninstall whole Creative Cloud Using CC Tool, installing once again, but still the same problem.

How to install different language? I am from Poland, I do not know if I should install Polish version or also english.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cześć, miałem ten sam problem więc ten sposób powinien pomóc i Tobie.

Odinstaluj Lr --> zmień "domyślny język instalacji" na "english international" w creative cloud (zobacz screena) --> zainstaluj Lr.

Powinno wszystko działać. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you backup to the same hard drive that your catalog is on, then if that hard drive fails, both your catalog and the backup of the catalog could be gone. Your backup is in case:

• The catalog gets corrupted
  • The hard drive crashes while the catalog is opened and damages the catalog
  • The user accidentally deletes the catalog
  • The hard drive fails, and the catalog is gone
  • Fire, Floods, theft, etc
  • other

As for location

• Good practice is one backup to a different hard drive, internal, external, NAS, or cloud
  • Better practice is an additional backup to yet another drive, one you remove and lock away
  • Best practice, mostly for business, is a third backup that gets shipped off site, well away from local disasters. (Not in the realm of non work, non pro) Backup to the cloud can cover this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging into another Mac user account (you should make a new one); still not launching? 
Try starting up in Safe mode (hold down Shift Key when booting*), still not launching? 
* How to start your M1 Mac in Safe Mode
On your Mac, choose Apple menu () > Shut Down.
After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds.
Press and hold the power button until the startup disks and Options appear.
Press and hold the Shift key, then click Continue in Safe Mode.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines