Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The music file is not well formed

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This same problem happened when I updated last fall and then eventually started working again. Now I just updated last week and I am having the same issues. Does anyone know how to fix so I don't have to play the wait and see game? I use the same song every time. It has worked for all my other slideshows, and now with the update it is not.

Thank you!

Grace

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018
I got my slideshow working with music using this solution ~ these files are hidden
Re: Import Error: Connecting to Dynamic Link Server Failed

Gordon-BolomanLevel 1

Adobe support fixed my issue On a Mac doing the following:

Quit LR

From the Finder type: (CMD-SHIFT_G) OR from GO Menu

Enter path: ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/

Rename the following folders with a .old OR delete the directory

dynamiclinkmediaserver

dynamiclinkmanager

DyanmicLinkMediaServer

Open LR and Impo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grace,

Could you please let us know the format of the song, also, could you please let us know which exact version of Lightroom you're working on and which operating system are you using?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mp3, mac OS high sierra 10.13.4, I had just updated when it was released last week to 7.3. I just uninstalled and went to 7.0 like someone suggested. Still isn't working.

Also, my presets are also messed up. Or at least they were when I had the 7.3 version. And another thing I could not sort by any ratings. After I uninstalled and reinstalled that part worked again. But it was very frustrating when I was sitting with my client and I could not pull together all of their favorites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it won't even let me play the slideshow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have version 9.2.1 (latest) and attempted to load an mp3 file - windows 10 pro 32gb ram AMD RX 580 Radeon graphics driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this earlier as I had issues - Go to the creative cloud app and install version 7.0. All other versions after will not work. Use this version ONLY until they fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uninstalled and reinstalled 7.0 and it still will not let me upload songs. I was hoping this would work .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is another step that seems to be stopping it from working - I have managed to get one computer working but it may have something to do with the catalogue

I will advise

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got my slideshow working with music using this solution ~ these files are hidden
Re: Import Error: Connecting to Dynamic Link Server Failed

Gordon-BolomanLevel 1

Adobe support fixed my issue On a Mac doing the following:

Quit LR

dynamiclinkmediaserver

dynamiclinkmanager

DyanmicLinkMediaServer

Open LR and Import Video files as usual. Worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR YOU!!!!!!! Almost a year of this issue (and so much wasted money using other platforms) and this FINALLY worked!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried the "solution" described here with NO SUCCESS!  I'm running Lightroom CC 9.2.1 on an iMac running OS 10.15.5.  Is there another solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the solution too with no success also. Lightroom CC 9.4 MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.7 we use this every weekend at events and I need this sorted as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solution worked great. thnaks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello- Can you help me? I am having trouble with this solution. I am able to find the directories referenced but what do you mean by -Rename the following folders with a .old OR delete the directory -? Do you mean delete these folders?

dynamiclinkmediaserver

dynamiclinkmanager

Sorry-I'm a little slow when it comes to this stuff. This error message is so frustrating!!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The music file is not well formed..... have same issue any suggestions for the 9.2 build on macOS Catalina? 
thank you... tech support has not been able to solve issue.  
Now waiting over a week for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue using LR Release 9.2 on Windows x64..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue on my iMac Pro Catalina 10.15.5 LR Classic version 9.2.1

I tried the following but it DID NOT fix the issue of adding music to my slideshow

Quit LR

dynamiclinkmediaserver

dynamiclinkmanager

DyanmicLinkMediaServer

The music I am using is rights free so copyright is not the issue. I have tried adding from iTunes and from the file directly from the folder outside of iTunes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the solution too it did NOT work. I'm using Lightroom CC 9.4 on a MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.7 we use this every weekend at events and I need this sorted as soon as possible. I also can't export videos any more either, super frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 2-1/2 hours online with a very patient and thorough Adobe Support agent, we finally found the solution for my particular setup (iMac running Catalina 10.15.5):  A COMPLETE UNINSTALL OF ALL ADOBE APPS and a CLEAN REINSTALL!  Lightroom now accepts the mp3 files.  It works, but it was sure painful--for both me and the agent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

change the filename extension to .m4a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE A GENIOUS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

💃🏻 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will it works for the IAPS project or not, I have used different other but they were not up to the mark. It really worked for the slideshows but do not know if it works it or not!

[link removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if it will work for my IVORY project or not. Please give a minute to reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By leveraging advanced algorithms and artificial intelligence, the image colorizer automatically adds vibrant and realistic colors to each element, transforming the image into a captivating and immersive visual experience.

[link removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines