• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Third Party lens profile

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using LrC version 12.0.1 with Camera Raw version 15.0 on a Windows 11 machine. 

I made a lens profile using Adobe Lens Profile Creator version 1.0.4 which I copied to:

C:\users\my user name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\ThirdParty

I work with RAW files only.

I restarted LrC and I can not find my added lens profile. I tried importing the lensprofile by File - Import Deveolop Profiles and Presets...  LrC starts importing but then tells me the file could not be imported, because it already has been imported. 

I don't see the 'Folder' ThirdParty in the drop down list of lens profiles in LrC.

What am I missing here (besides my lens profile)? Is there a specific naming convention that I need to comply with?

Thanks for your support,

Ruurd

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Ok, I found the answer to this issue. 

When you want to make a lens profile to be used with RAW files, you have to work with DNG files in Adobe Lens Profile Creator. When you work with jpeg files as a source, you only create a lens profile that works with jpeg files in LrC.

Sean is also right: the profile made with dng source files now shows up in the lens maker folder.

I hope this information helps future users. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a while since I've used custom profiles (I'm on mirrorless), but I don't remember them appearing it a special folder. They show up in the named lens maker folder and then the profile list. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I found the answer to this issue. 

When you want to make a lens profile to be used with RAW files, you have to work with DNG files in Adobe Lens Profile Creator. When you work with jpeg files as a source, you only create a lens profile that works with jpeg files in LrC.

Sean is also right: the profile made with dng source files now shows up in the lens maker folder.

I hope this information helps future users. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is indeed the case and the right answer. I used to make these for all my lenses and yeah you need dngs to make profiles that work for raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens profiles and camera profiles were moved to a new location some time ago.

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, mine is in the C;\users etc... location and now shows up in LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines