Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TIFF merging issues LRC

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

So I used Canon software to download RAW files from my R5 and batch saved them as 16 bit TIFF files. Reason being the new R5 and R6 dont seem supported directly by lightroom. I then imported these TIFF files into LRC. I then merged for a HDR image as it was a landscape shot. They ended up each time with a huge colour shift magenta and others. It was so bad I couldnt correct. Any ideas what is going worng please ???

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need to use the Canon software, neither do you need to save as TIF.

The R5 CR3 file format has been supported since v9.4 of Lightroom-Classic.

So which Version of Lr-Classic are you running?

2021-08-24 15_31_52-Window.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will check. I just noticed my old Canon APSC DSLR used to always seem to come up automatically for lens / abberation correction as well as the lens. When switched to the R5 it didnt seem to do this.

Plus when the R5 and R6 came out I could swear i remember reading of issues and lower quality with Adobe than using Canon DPR??

Thanks for the reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated by WobertC, upgrade your LrC.

But as a side note, why convert to TIFF? IMO you should convert to DNG. (is this a limitation of the free Canon software?)

Most third oarty RAW converters create DNG files, that is very much on purpose.

I include that side note in case you do not like what Adobe does to your RAW files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If he is using the Canon software it does not support DNG and that is consistent with almost all Camera manufacturers. To wit Canon is not a third party software provider it is a first party provider for Canon users.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Canon DPR doesnt do DNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One RAW converter, used by many, but not free,  is the Iridient Digital Transformer, a Canon version exists.

https://www.iridientdigital.com/products/ctransformer.html

The Iridient X-Transformer is used by many Fuji shooters who absolutely detest Adobe Camera RAW.

A free Demo exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines