Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tiff's Opening with custom raw settings

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

When viewing a flat TIF file in LRC, they are appearing with all kinds of custom settings when everything should be zero'd out.  This makes the images look much different than the same image that is layered.

To clarify, I am doing some editing for a photographer who likes to view all the final edits I have done

in LRC.  I always provide the retouched image both as a layered PSD image with all the edits as well as a flattened TIFF.  The layered files preview as they should while the flattened TIF files look out of whack.  He has to manually zero out all the settings and then they look like they should.  

Similarly we were having the same issue in Photoshop as the TIF images were opening as a RAW file.

I have found the prference in PS to correct that.

Why are the TIF files retaining info that effects the settings in LRC and is there a preference that I can change to correct the problem?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you viewing in Develop module alone, at 1:1? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the precise workflow that produces the TIFF?  Editing in LR, in PS?  Saving in PS back to LR, exporting to LR, or saving in PS?  Etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving Lightroom/ Camera Raw settings back into a Tiff doesn't create an XMP sidecar, the settings go into the file. Potentially there could be XMP being saved into the files somewhere. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Similarly we were having the same issue in Photoshop as the TIF images were opening as a RAW file.

I have found the prference in PS to correct that.

By @defaultwm1g4we5eu2a

Any TIFF files previously opened in PS using the Camera Raw plugin (ACR) will have XMP Develop settings data written to the file. Raw files opened with the ACR will have an XMP sidecar created. If all of the affected TIF files were opened at some point using ACR then this is most likley the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines