• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toolbar only sets label for most selected photo on second display

LEGEND ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use two displays with Lightroom- the primary window shows the current image, and the secondary window shows the grid with selected folder.

My Lightroom toolbar is at the bottom of the primary window.

When I have two or more photos selected, the toolbar Label buttons will only set the label for the most selected photo and will not change the label on other selected photos. However, both the keyboard shortcut and menu item will set the label for all selected photos.

This bug has persisted for numerous versions of LrC.

MacOS Monterey, reproduced on every version of Lightroom I've used in the past several months. I'm on the latest as of May 2022.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the problem is you didn't choose the correct option ... (and its not a bug)

2021-12-22 16_12_14-Lightroom Classic.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is not the problem. I know about that issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the "Toolbar label buttons"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you show the toolbar in Lightroom Classic, you can display various tools. One set of those is colored buttons to set the file label. According to the help file, it should set the label for all selected photos.

Screenshot 2022-05-23 120531.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you in some loupe view on the main screen? If so, then this is not a bug but as designed. The main window determines what happens when you do something like assigning a label while you have multiple images selected. If in loupe view, only the active photo will be assigned that label. The secondary screen does not play any part in this. In fact, I think it's a bug if the menu and/or the keyboard shortcut does not do this, but perhaps that is as designed too.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the behaviors with respect to multiple-photo selections described above in this thread have been present for many, many years.  They are confusing and lack any coherent, unifying design principle:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/consistent-behavior-when-multiple-photos-sele... 

(This post is a copy of one from the old feedback forum I made many years ago.)

Given how long the behaviors have been preset and the number of complaints posted on the forums, if you submit a bug report now, the engineering team will almost certainly bless the behavior "as-designed".   And I think it is very unlikely Adobe would ever change the behavior, given how many people have become accustomed to it and Adobe's publicly stated reduction in priority of non-Develop features in Lightroom Classic after the introduction of Lightroom Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know the history, I was an Aperture user for all of the early Lightroom versions and got dragged crying and whining to Lightroom when Apple axed Aperture.

However, I do expect consistent behavior. If I have multiple files selected and want to set the label (and have sync turned on, and Selected Photos) then all photos should be labeled. It makes no sense to have a toolbar button do one thing and keyboard shortcut do another.

The help file (posted above) says selected photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The help file (posted above) says selected photos."

Unfortunately, the Help is filled with simplifications, mistakes, and omissions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines