Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trabajo desde un portati y un PC con el mismmo catalogo

Participant ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola

Quiero trabajar desde un PC y un portatil con el mismo catalogo de lightroom, guardo en un disco externo las fotos y el catalogo y lo conecto al PC o al portatl segun cual use.

Pero hoy por ejemplo, he creado archivos en el portatil y al abrir el PC no aparecen.

Que hago mal?

Lei en adobe help que esta era la mejor manera de trabajar en un portatil y en un PC.

Gracias

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a Lightroom Classic question?

If so, explain further, with lots more detail. The translation to English says:

I created files on the laptop and when you open the PC they do not appear.

How did you create the files on the Laptop? Give details. When you are on the PC, where are you looking to see they do not appear? Please be specific and detailed. Show us a screen capture (Use the "insert Photos" icon, do not attach files).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply

The problem concerns Lightroom Classic.

I started by creating a photo session using "tethered capture" by creating a new catalog on the laptop on an external hard drive where I would save the photos.

Later when I went to my office I plugged the external hard drive used with the laptop into the PC and from Lightroom Classic on the PC I opened the catalog on the external hard drive and the photos appeared correctly on the PC, then I edited some photos in Photoshop.

The next day I did another photo session with the laptop and added another series of photos to the same catalog on the external hard drive, when I returned to the office I plugged the external hard drive into the PC hoping that the photos of the second day would appear, but the new photos did not appear but it stayed as I left it the day before.

The problem is that I don't know how to transfer those photos I see on my laptop to my PC so I can work with them.

I hope I have explained myself correctly, my English is not exactly good.

Gabriel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I returned to the office I plugged the external hard drive into the PC hoping that the photos of the second day would appear, but the new photos did not appear but it stayed as I left it the day before.

Did not appear where? Do you mean the new photos were not on the disk, or not in Lightroom Classic, or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open lightroom classic on the PC the new photos do not appear in lightroom classic, with the catalog on the external hard drive that I share with the laptop.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking you may have one of the following happening:

1. You have more than one catalog (perhaps without realizing it). Please search the external HD, using your operating system's search feature, for all files whose name ends with .LRCAT
  2. You have imported the photos into the "wrong" folder, so they are really in Lightroom Classic's Library Module, but not where you think they are. In Lightroom Classic, click on "All Photographs", turn off filters, Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks, and then search for one of these photos by file name using the Lightroom Classic filter bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have imported the photos into the "wrong" folder, so they are really in Lightroom

I thought that lightroom clasic read the photographs directly from the catalog.
I have imported the photos to the lightroom classic of the PC and now the photos appear, but it has not imported the keywords from the files that I have in the lightroom classic of the laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a different problem? Before you didn't see the photos at all on the second computer?

My suggestion was not to import the photos again. My suggestion was this: "In Lightroom Classic, click on "All Photographs", turn off filters, Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks, and then search for one of these photos by file name using the Lightroom Classic filter bar." Did you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a different problem? Before you didn't see the photos at all on the second computer?

Yes, it is a different problem as a result of having imported.
No, before I did not see the photos on the second computer

My suggestion was not to import the photos again. My suggestion was this: "In Lightroom Classic, click on "All Photographs", turn off filters, Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks, and then search for one of these photos by file name using the Lightroom Classic filter bar." Did you do that?

Yes, I did that, but the search engine did not find any of the files that I have in the lightroom classic catalog on my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then you need to look into my other possibilty where I speculated that you may (accidentally) be using two catalogs, and I offered a method of checking this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines