Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer metadata from master to version

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have files from my iphone where each photo comes in two versions:

2022-07-12-105552-IMG_0503-0014.JPG and 2022-07-12-105552-IMG_0503-0014_display.JPG

I think the reason for this is that photos were taken in 16:9 format but standard is 4:3.

I don`t like that they show as two files in the grid view, so I tried to auto stack them by capture time. That works, but I want added metadata to go from one version to the other. My issue is that when I have them stacked, the added metadata (like titles, captions and keywords) don`t show up in other applications. Is there a way to solve this? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your description is the 'as designed' behaviour. You need to expand the stack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I know a application called Imatch where you can set it automatically transfer metadata from master to version. Not possible in Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can purchase this plug in by John Beardsworth called Syncomatic and use the following setting.  Change Source or Target files to whichever already has the data

https://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/jbeardsworth/syncomatic/index.php?sec=main://www.phot... 

Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 9.07.40 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could also use the Syncomatic Stack Feature

Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 9.42.25 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines