• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring images from Aftershot Pro3 to Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have been working in Corel Aftershot Pro3 and am planning to shift over to Lightroom.  I've imported my first folder of RAW files into Lightroom Classic, but the .xmp files created by Aftershot Pro3 (which are in the same folder) do not seem to have imported/converted, and I just see the original RAW image.  Can anyone help explain what I need to do/any settings I need to bring these over?      Thanks.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the LR forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corel XMP files are not the same as Adobe XMP files!

TBMK Lightroom will not read the Corel XMPs to show edits made in Corel.

See this quote from the Corel link below:

"Corel AfterShot Pro stores its settings in an XMP file that is slightly different from other popular image editors and photo management applications. We do this to prevent Corel AfterShot Pro from overwriting settings created by other applications...."

http://product.corel.com/help/AfterShot/540111115/Main/EN/Doc/index.html?background_editing.html

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this, it seems that the basic metadata comes across, but all the edits I've made in ASP3 won't come across from the .xmp.    rather annoying ... but I've only been shooting in RAW for the last 4-5 months so may not be the end of the world...    And it seems that when I edit a RAW file in Lightroom, it creates an additional .xmp (for lightroom) in the same folder (I've set it up to do this)  I just need to decide now what to do with the edited images from ASP3 and whether I save a copy as e.g. a TIFF    Anyway, thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this looks like you might be little stuck with is issue, Charlie.

Can you post back as to where you stand so we might be able to close this thread if there are no further input with a solution for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi - see my post above.  It's an inconvenience as I can't bring over the edits from one system to another ...  I'd be surprised if i'm the first person this has happened to so if anyone else has some experience of this and can share any suggestions on how they adapted their workflow to deal with this, then I'd appreciate it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

“I just need to decide now what to do with the edited images from ASP3 and whether I save a copy as e.g. a TIFF    Anyway,”

If you are saying you wish to preserve the work with the edits done by After Shot Pro 3 then yes that is an option, you will have to save a tiff’s from After Shot. The other option would be to continue to back up your raw and both xmp files, I you wish to return to After Shot Pro in the future.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines