Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Transferring Lightroom 5 files to Lightroom Classic on a new computer

New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a new computer (Windows)and installed Lightroom Classic. I have Lightroom 5 on my old computer. I have copied my Lightroom 5 catalog and images to a back up drive and moved them to folders on the new computer but don't know how to proceed from there to get them into Lightroom Classic.   Advic3 or guidanc3 would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double-click on your Lightroom 5 catalog. Lightroom Classic will launch and ask if you want to upgrade the catalog, you should say YES or whatever the affirmative answer is.

Inside of Lightroom Classic, you may have to re-connect the photos, follow these instructions (see Figure 4 in particular). https://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

DO NOT IMPORT!!!! This is completely wrong. DO NOT IMPORT!!!! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Step by step guidance is provided in a free eBook available for download here:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/moving-lightroom-free-ebook-2021/

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines