• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform - Guided Upright Tool, Invalid Guide Configuration.

Participant ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image of a church that was tilted back quite a bit so I used the Transform - Guided Upright Tool to straighten it up, which worked like a charm.

After doing that I noticed a flag pole that had previously been leaning in was now leaning out. I tried using the Guided Upright Tool again, but it would not do anything and instead said "! Invalid guide congiuration.".

I then tried adding another upright guide on a nearby fence post to the right of the flag-pole but that did not help, and then replaced the flag-pole guide with a guide on a fence-post to the left of it, but that did not help either.

Any ideas on how to fix this in Lightroom, or even Photoshop if that fails?

Thanks,

Scott

Church Angles.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

You need to draw two vertical lines (not four) and it works best the farther apart. Personally I would not worry about the fence. But try auto or re-setting and perhaps use the back of the church and the fence.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to draw two vertical lines (not four) and it works best the farther apart. Personally I would not worry about the fence. But try auto or re-setting and perhaps use the back of the church and the fence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watching the people use multiple vertical lines on youtube videos is why I tried more than two. *sigh*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually you can draw 4 lines. Its just that two should be vertical and the other two should be horizontal (or at least be drawn with the intention of horizontal straightening) -  when you do that you will not get the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines