Exit

Transition from Lightroom to Photoshop

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Photoshop (beta) 24.1

Standard working in Photoshop 23.5.1 and Lightroom 11.5

If I open a photo from Lightroom to Photoshop it opens only in Photoshop (beta) 24.1.

So how can I open again a photo in Photoshop 23.5.1?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

It's the system default file associations. This is set up by the installer. The last installer activity will always take over the file associations.

In other words, the last version you installed, whichever it is, will always be the one that opens the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look here:

Lightroom Classic v11.5 edit in references "Edit ... - Adobe Support Community - 13206477

Gelöst: Issue in External Editing in Photoshop from Lightr... - Adobe Support Community - 13175092

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the system default file associations. This is set up by the installer. The last installer activity will always take over the file associations.

In other words, the last version you installed, whichever it is, will always be the one that opens the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your clear info, it’s a pity you can’t change it easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you can always change them in Windows or Bridge, but I'm not sure I would recommend that. File associations can be a nasty rabbit hole. But if you remember to revert any changes before uninstalling any of them, you should probably be OK.

The safe install procedure is always to install and uninstall in strict version order - last in, first out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the Command E command, the latest version of PS (and thus ACR) will be used, but you can setup another External Editor (pref) and select an older version of PS (and thus ACR).

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines