Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble importing DNG files from DJI into Lightroom

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem with importing JPG + DNG files form my DJI drone. The most files are not visible in the import box in Lightroom CC (latest version). 

Now I have to import them via Bridge (that's no problem) and then re-import them from that folder into Lightroom. Is this a known problem? DJI couldn't help me further.

It's the first time I have this issue with Lightroom. Whem inporting my RAW files form my Nikon camera's, that's no problem. 

NB: by two test today, all of a sudden I could import the pictures, but by the third test it was again the same (like in the picture)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, your screenshot shows 8 thumbnails greyed-out (already imported) and 10 not-greyed-out. Are you expecting to see many more thumbnails not-greyed-out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The greyed out thumbnails are telling you that the images have already been imported into your library, and these would be duplicates.

You may override and force the import of the duplicates (in the upper right, you have the checkbox selected to "Don't Import Suspected Duplicates"), but in general you don't want to do that. If the images are already in your library, no need to import them again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnx for the reply 

This is the situation when I want to import my files for the first time. So there can't be any files in my folder because they haven't been imported yet. Some or the most are already greyed out before import. 

So for now I solve the problem to download them in the folder via Bridge, and then I can import them with Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you uncheck Don't Import Suspected Duplicates, do the thumbnails un-grey?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnx John,

That's the solution! I misread your first reply.

Problem solved. 

Have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same "issue" with files from my DJI Mini 2.   My workflow includes reformatting the card in the drone after each shoot.  DJI then defaults to numbering from 0001.   When I Import I put each shoot in a different folder, usually buy date.  It seems that LrC will "see" files from previous days because the file names are the same and mark them dim them as duplicates.  Until I figure out how to trick DJI into sequential numbering, I ensure that I am using a new folder and then uncheck the duplicates box.  

The downside of my habit is that should I ever try to put multiple image files in one folder for a project, there will be duplicate name issues and I will have to do some renaming.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines