• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble moving from Lightroom 4 to my new mac

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have backed up everything to an external harddrive and plugged it in to my new mac. When I double click the Lightroom Catalog.lrcat file it opens in my new lightroom with a single exclamation mark and no error message at all. Please see screenshot pic attached. Does anyone know what is going wrong or how to fix this?Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 10.33.24.png

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm that you've installed Lightroom 4 on your new Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I’ve installed the latest version of Lightroom cloud. I did install
Lightroom 4 but when I tried to open it I got a message to say that it
would damage my computer and should be moved to the bin, which I did. Is it
not possible to move my Lightroom 4 catalog to a newer version of
Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom cloud is not a newer version of Lightroom 4. It is an entirely different application, that does not work with catalog files but with a catalog in the cloud. You need to subscribe to and install Lightroom Classic if you want the newest version of the Lightroom you are used to.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like your Mac has set the new Adobe Lightroom (not Adobe Lightroom Classic) to open the catalog file. That is obviously not possible. Here's how to fix that: Make sure Lightroom Classic is installed, single-click on the catalog file and press Cmd-i. That will bring up the Finder info dialog. In that dialog you can select which application should open this file. Select Adobe Lightroom Classic and click on the 'Save all' button.

1 2023-03-15 11-25-52.jpg

If your new Mac can still run the old Lightroom 4, then use the same procedure but install and choose Lightroom 4 instead of Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr4 can be installed and run on M1/M2 Mac. 

I check that it can be installed, run and even launched via double-clicking the catalog. I had no problems with either, hence asking the question as to whether it has been installed on the OP's new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ian -issue sorted 🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Johan! Problem solved. I appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines