Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with importing files taken with DJI drone into Lightroom Classic

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem with importing JPG + DNG files form my DJI drone. The most files are not visible in the import box in Lightroom Classic.

Now I have to import them via Bridge (that's no problem) and then re-import them from that folder into Lightroom. Is this a known problem? DJI couldn't help me further.

As a photographer it's the first time I have this issue with Lightroom. Whem inporting my RAW files form my Nikon camera's, that's no problem. 

NB: by two test today, all of a sudden I could import the pictures, but by the third test it was again the same (like in the picture)

[You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR thinks the greyed out photos are already in your catalog.   Two ways around this:

- Are you resetting the file number for each batch of photos?  That could fool LR into thinking that two different DJI_0039.DNG files are duplicates (even if they're not).  Don't reset the file numbers.

- Uncheck the option Don't Import Suspected Duplicates in the upper-right corner of the Import window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My DJI Mini 2 drone has done the same thing.   When I reformat the card for the next flight, the drone wants to start the numbering at the beginning.  So Lightroom sees duplcates.  To solve it, I visually ensure they are not duplicates, use separate folders and uncheck the duplicates box.  It seems to help that keep my images in date folders.  I've found a way to change the naming choices in the drone.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a DJI Mavic Air 2 and always reformat the card. I do rename photos on import however. That too seems to solve this problem, because I have never seen it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue with my DJI FPV and changing the file name did the trick. It seems lightroom gets confused if you keep resetting the number of the files (many files named DJI_0001.MPV, for example).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines