Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to import files from a network (BOX) drive

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm tryting to import a very large folder of RAW images that are hosted on Microsoft Box. The networked drive is actually on my computer (mac) and most of my programs treat it like a local drive since it is mapped/synced when changes are made. However, I'm not able to access that drive when I try to import files into LR Classic. Only local, or physically connected drives, show up in the import dialog boxes. Any ideas on what I can do? The files are downloaded into my local instance of Box, but since it is a networked drive I guess I'm not able to see it in my import options. Any help? Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean Box or Microsoft One Drive?  

As a first troubleshooting step, make sure you've granted LR Full Disk Access (not Files And Folders):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for my late reply... I am mostly concerned about Box (not One Drive). Thanks for the link to the article above! I'll give that a shot. I know I've granted full access in the past, but perhaps something got reset and I jsut didnt realize it. I appreciate the direction!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe doesn't support third-party cloud services. I recommend NOT mixing them, at the risk of losing data someplace down the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines