• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to reinstall Lightroom 6 but it says I need to deactivate on other machines

Participant ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Lightroom and am trying to reinstall to my Windows 10 machine  but it is saying I am activated on too many machines. I have only ever used it on this machine. I logged into my account to see what other machines were logged in, and none are. But still it won't allow me to activate it. 
I paid for versions 3 right through to 6 I hope Adobe are not going to stop me using this now to force me into subscription.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I paid for versions 3 right through to 6 I hope Adobe are not going to stop me using this now to force me into subscription.

That's not it, and Adobe can't force you to do anything you don't want to do.

Here's the answer: Lightroom 6 de-activation: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-6-deactivation-help/m-p/12915...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-activation-or-deactivation-versions-o...

And adding-

1) Lightroom v6.14 (Perpetual) is not 'supported' by Adobe.
2) Lr6.14 cannot be downloaded from Adobe.
3) Lr6.14 cannot be updated from Adobe.
4) Lr6.14 cannot be operated by a Serial Number only.
4a) Lr6.14 could be installed as Perpetual or Creative Cloud Subscription. (CC Desktop App renders Perpetual unusable!)
5) Lr6.14 must be ACTIVATED to be useable (beyond a Trial term of 30days).
6) You cannot Activate online to Adobe within the App.
7) You cannot De-activate online to Adobe within the App.
8) Lr6 is not known to be compatible with Windows-11. It will not install in Mac iOS (BigSur, Catalina, Monterey)
9) Downloads for v6.14 are only available via - 6.14 https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html
10) Lr6  Activation/ De-activation, or a RESET OF ACTIVATIONS, can only be done by a Chat to a sympathetic Support staff member, or a Private Message to Careeesa- as in the above link, or as in the answer from @dj_paige 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines