• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to reinstall LR5

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a LR5 program that was running great till a crash...now not so good...tried to reinstall the program but keep getting an Error: 16...Does this mean I'm wasting my time to try and get it to work again and should just move on to the CC version? Any help would be deeply appreciated...thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

What's the best way to uninstall the LR5?

The Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool!

It is designed for the task of 'wiping' anything 'Adobe' from a computer system.

CLEANER TOOL LINK

You may find relevent information for the Error Code 213 here (if you understand tech jargon )-

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/licensing-errors.html

You should be able to install v5 on the Mac with Sierra, but do not have the Creative Cloud Desktop App installed (wipe it with the Cleaner Tool first). Y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From this link of Error Codes-

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html?promoid=PC1PQMDQ&m...

It suggests-

2021-06-06 11_01_48-Fix download, install, or update errors for your Adobe apps — Mozilla Firefox.jpg

This might indicate you installed the Creatice Cloud Desktop App which is not needed for the 'old' standalone Lr5.

You have not given details of your System, but Lr5 cannot be installed on Macs with Catalina or BigSur OS.

Moving on to the Creative Cloud 'Photography Plan (20GB)' with Lightroom-CLassic would be a good move IMO.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the reply, deeply appreciate it...didn't know about LR5 not being able to be installed on Catalina. That's what I have on the Mac I'm trying to install the LR5. I have another older Mac with Sierra and tried the installation link on that computer. When I tried to open the LR5 got an ERROR -- 213:10 ...any idea what this means? What's the best way to uninstall the LR5? I've gone through and trashed all references to LR5 I could find. Wouldn't that be the right thing to do before trying to reinstall the software?

Thanks again for responding and your help.

Regards,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the easiest ways I found to delete an application and all its parts is a paid little software app called AppZapper. If there is no official uninstall app for an application I simply launch AppZapper and drap the icon for the application to delete on top of it, App Zapper finds a bunch of the files in all the different places on my computer and then I click Zap - gone! Not very expensive and really convenient.

The other location I do look for old application parts is in the home Library>application support, and find the application parts and delete those.Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 21.28.19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The live preset preview feature─was introduced in the April 2018 release of Lightroom Classic CC v7.3

With v5 you only have Preset Preview in the Navigator window.

The Lightroom-Classic serie is now at v10.3

???Why this post shows here in the thread I do not know???

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the best way to uninstall the LR5?

The Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool!

It is designed for the task of 'wiping' anything 'Adobe' from a computer system.

CLEANER TOOL LINK

You may find relevent information for the Error Code 213 here (if you understand tech jargon )-

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/licensing-errors.html

You should be able to install v5 on the Mac with Sierra, but do not have the Creative Cloud Desktop App installed (wipe it with the Cleaner Tool first). You would only need the Installer.dmg and your Serial Registration Number.

Adobe does not support v5 in any way.

For the Mac with Catalina OS- A subscription to the Photography Plan (20GB) is highly recommended!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Wobert and KentDesign for your help!!! I was really stressing over not being able to use my LR5 because of these error codes. I used the Cleaner Tool and then reinstalled the LR5 on my Sierra Mac and worked like a charm...very sweet to see the LR5 screen come up at open. You guys are awesome! Stay safe...

Regards,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO glad to hear it all worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK...so I was able to install LR5 on my Sierra with no error messages but any adjustments I make in Develop show up on the Navigator screen and NOT the main screen of the photo. Trying to work with presets, the rolling the mouse over the preset options does not show any changes in either screen...if I click on a preset it will highlight and show the change in Navigator but any selected preset does not show on the main screen even when the preset is highlighted. 

So should I try to reinstall the LR5 or maybe the link I was using (which I thought was the best available) was not a good one...any help would be deeply appreciated...thanks

Regards,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also wanted to add that any of the "Basic" adjustments are only showing up on the Navigator screen as well.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean by the basic adjustments showing up onthe Navigator...you mean the adjsutments are not working on your images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines