trying to upgrade to lightroom classic from light room in app store

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have light room from the appt store. I am not trying to get light room classic but it wont let me upgrade to it. it says that I have the 1TB version. When I go to manage it says I have to view/change it in the appt store. When I go there the only option i see is to cancel my subscrition. There is no option to upgrade or change that I can find. Do i have to cancel my current subscrition because it is through the appt store and then purchase the new subscription? If I do that will I loose my pictures that have sync?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log in to Adobe.com. Then under your your icon in the upper right hand corner of that page, you will find "View Account"" click and follow the links to change your plan.

Kenneth Seals

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I was able to get to this spot but when I click to manage or change plan it says that I have to go to the App Store where I purchased it. When I go there it does not give me the option to change it or upgrade only to delete it. Thoughts? Thanks for your help so far

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris22401609nthh  I don't have any experience with Adobe plans through the app store. Maybe someone else here with app store experience can add their advice.

Kenneth Seals

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update. I canceled my subscription in the appt store. It still wont let me buy the classic lightroom. The same window comes up that I have to view my purchase in the app store. Maybe it takes time for the system to recognize the change?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try going here, and click the option on the right column for "Free Trial." (Make sure you are already logged in with your Adobe ID). This should take you to the payment options page:

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom/compare-plans.html

Does that work for you?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic is only available via the Adobe Photography Plan which includes, Photoshop, Lightroom, Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Mobile. The base plan comes with 20GB of Cloud Storage for US$ 9.99 per month and $19.99 per month for 1TB of storage.

As far as I am aware it is not available through the Apple app store.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6.5,; LrC 11.4, Lr 5.4, Ps 23.3.2-ACR 14.4,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to get light room for my desktop but when I go to purchase it or go to manage apps I do not get an upgrage option. It says I have to go to the app store where I purchased it. When I do that the only option is to delete my current subscrition. Is there another way? will I loose pictures?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines