• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Trying to upload, folders have ? next to them

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to upload my edited photos, and they will not upload, or they uplaod unedited. There is a ? next to the folder. I'm assuming it's bc I changed the name of the folder? I'm tech challenged, how do I fix this? I googled how, and I get as far as "find missing folder" but them where do I look? Can somone help me who can exlain in simple terms pls? Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not know where the folder is since you changed its name.  Right click the folder with the ?.  You then have the option to "Update the folder location".  Once you find the folder with the new name, click it and Lightroom will reconnect with it.  You should then have full functionality.

It is best to mange photo files and folders within Lightroom so they do not get disconnected from Lightroom.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the folder has a question mark, then there is no 'Update Folder Location' menu when you right-click on it, but a 'Find Missing Folder' menu. In the dialog that follows, find the renamed folder and select it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is best to mange photo files and folders within Lightroom so they do not get disconnected from Lightroom.

By @DClark064

I disagree. It is best to copy folders in your operating system and then re-connect in Lightroom, see instructions in "Part 2 — Updating Folder Location" of this document. If you want to move a couple of photos (not folders) you can do that in LrC, but people occasionally report issues doing this.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines