• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turn off Verifying "Adobe Lightroom Classic" Status Bar on Mac

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After any update to Adobe, I am promted with the Verfiying "Adobe Lightroom Classic" and I have to wait for it to install. Is there any way to stop this from happening, or does adobe need to figure out a way to get their stuff into the Mac App Store? I also have this problem with every other app. Especially when trying to move a file from Lightroom into Photoshop after an update. Photoshop gets the sam status bar and then takes long enough that I get an error in Lightroom and have to redo the action. 

Using an Intel iMac with Mac OS 12.3.1

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this with all newly installed applications on Mac, not just Adobe's, and AFAIK, no, there is no way to disable this  (it's the OS). 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone ever respond to you from Adobe. This happens to me as well and I cannot use the software for 20-30 mintues at times. Exremely frustratiing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should only happen the first time you use the new copy. Something wrong in your MACOS if it repeats.

No longer a MACOS user, but I can use Google. Apparently some do not desire to do so.

see:

Verifying Application.app | Apple

Safely open apps on your Mac | Apple

Others probably exist as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens every time Adobe pushes an update. No one ever responded from Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens every time Adobe pushes an update. No one ever responded from Adobe

By @markalanandre

Per Apple, it should occur every time any application not via Apple is installed, updated, or upgraded. In all three instances the app is seen as new, and needs to be verified.

However, after that first verification, if it passes, then the next time you start that very same application (same version) that verification should not occur.

So question is, are you complaining that it occurs after installing a program, be that a new program or an updater or a upgrade. Or are you complaining that it occurs every time you start say LrC v13.2??  Those are very different issues, the first being as Apple Designed, the latter being a problem.

So to be clear:

1. Install LrC v12 for the very first time, MACOS needs to verify
  2. Install LrC v13.0 as an upgrade, MACOS needs to verify
  3. Install LrC v13.1 as an update, MACOS needs to verify
  4. Close LrC v13.1, come back later and start LrC v13.1, if MACOS trys to verify again, that is a problem

If your problem is with instance 1, 2, or 3, you need to talk to Apple and have them stop mistrusting every single App by major providers like Adobe

If your problem is instance 4, you have an issue in your MACOS. and perhaps an Apple Community can help.l

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an Apple security measure. Be happy that such security exists. It's a very small price to pay.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines