• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two Hard Drives - One Catalogue - Trying to Separate Hard Drives

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had one portable drive (drive 1) with it's own catalogue. 

I plugged in a new drive (drive 2), imported photos onto lightroom from it, and started editing photos off of it.

Now, if i want to edit photos off of drive 2, drive 1 must be plugged in first because the catalogue only recognizez that drive, and considers drive 2 dependent to drive 1?

I'd like to create a catalogue of just drive 2, keeping all of the edits I've already done, so I can use it by itself.

Any solutions??  Hope that makes sense.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Merge the catalogs into one catalog. If a drive with some photos is not plugged in, Lightroom Classic shrugs its shoulders and says "hey, no big deal". You can work on the photos that are on attached drives. You can also create smart previews if you want to perform work on photos on unattached drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines