Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two identical images different format show as 1 image in the catalogue

Engaged ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

I have inside a Lightroom folder 2 images, they are identical but one is JPG and the other one Tiff. But inside the folder only one thumbnail is shown with on the upper right part TIF+JPEG text. I don't want that. I want that the 2 images are shown separately . I have not found where I can activate that option. Anybody knows?

Thank you

Cristian

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

This is a bug that occurs when you do not check the option to show jpeg files next to raw files as separate photos in the preferences. Even though the tiff file is obviously not a raw file, the jpeg is still used as a sidecar file. Check the option in the preferences, then use 'Synchronize Folder' to import the jpeg as separate file for existing images (new imports will now be correct from the start).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug that occurs when you do not check the option to show jpeg files next to raw files as separate photos in the preferences. Even though the tiff file is obviously not a raw file, the jpeg is still used as a sidecar file. Check the option in the preferences, then use 'Synchronize Folder' to import the jpeg as separate file for existing images (new imports will now be correct from the start).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Did as you said and now it works. One of the files is still labeled as Tiff+ Jpg, the other one as Jpg. Now I can work with both again. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines