Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to add GPS data to photos

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm unable to drag and drop photos onto the map to add GPS data to them, nor can I right click on the map itself. I'm running Lightroom Classic CC version 8.1 on a Mac. It's really annoying!

Many thanks in advance

James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm currently last available version of Lightroom classic CC and facing this issue.

In fact, this gps issue was present for me since more than 1 year and with Lightroom version before Classic CC.

I have the feeling this issue is not general, some people are not affected.

It is really annoying and BTW I'm unable to reach Adobe Support to get assistance.

Nothing special on my setup, I'm using Windows 10 and my catalog has 85K+ images in it.

Any ideas ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently last available version of Lightroom classic CC

The Creative Cloud updater often fools people into thinking they're on "the latest". Please copy/paste here the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info. With that, I can recommend next steps for troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Lightroom Classic versiob 8.2.1 (1206193)

Licence Creative Cloud

Language : en

Operating System : Windows 10 Business

Version 10.0.17134

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 8.2 fixed this issue for many people, but some like you continue to experience problems. Please add details of your issue, along with the first ten lines from Help > System Info, to this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom Classic 8.2: Drag and drop GPS tagging not working. Right click on map also not working | ... Be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner of the bug report.  Adobe product developers have engaged directly with that bug report (they rarely participate in this forum, a user-to-user forum).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I just did that.

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to use the map for adding GPS data on LRC 9.4 and 10 even for only one picture in the catalogue. LRC 9.2 can do it. Therefore I will stay with version 9.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with LRC 9.4 and 10. But it works on LRC 9.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue where seleting the photos, and right clicking on the map to "add GPS coordinates to selected photos didn't do anything. What worked for me was simply selecting the photos and then dragging them onto the map at the location you want the coordinates for. This worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines