• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to backup to dropbox

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to 12 and including 12,1 I am no longer able to backup to dropbox.

wolffsong_1-1671030263731.png

After compressing copying and optimizing I get this message.  Lenovo Gen 9, Windows 11. What do I do?

wolffsong_0-1671029964996.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not support cloud services. You MAY get it to work, but it can just as easily break again. There is no official support for Dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back your catalog to DropBox without using LrC. Do it outside of LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. I think I just did the reverse, to the same effect. I backed it up
locally then copied it to dropbox.

Holly C Wolff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. I think I just did the reverse, to the same effect. I backed it up locally then copied it to dropbox.Holly C Wolff
By @wolffsong

Actually that is better, now you have two backups on different destinations, now do you have a spare external hard drive to copy that local one to? More copy's the better.

Best practice, one backup to a in use hard drive, internal or external (but not the same drive as original), one copy to a external hard drive you lock away somewhere, (think theft) and one copy off site (think local disaster) (Dropbox works for that)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just click "Don't ask again". What happens here is innocent. Lightroom first copies the catalog file to the destination folder, i.e. to the Dropbox folder. Dropbox starts to upload that file right away. In the meantime Lightroom compresses the catalog file(s) into a zip archive. After the zip file has been created, it will delete the non-compressed files. And that is what Dropbox is telling you. It warns you that if you delete the uncompressed catalog file from the Dropbox folder, that file will also be deleted from your Dropbox online storage.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines