Unable to Export or Email certain photos

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to export, email or edit in PS certain photos, I get a "File not found" message. When I check the location of the file using Mac Finder, it is exactly where LR thinks it is, same file size and other info. Edit in Photoshop ends up doing nothing, does not even open PS. Within LR, I can print, "Develop" and even use the photo in a book, but when it comes to exporting, whether via email, direct to Hard Drie, or any other means, I can't do it. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thanks for reaching out. We are here to help.

Could you please confirm the version of macOS and the version of Lightroom Classic and Photoshop? Does this behavior happen with images stored on the external drive only?

You can ensure Lightroom & Photoshhas the permissions needed on the Mac by following the steps suggested below and here with a video (https://bityl.co/BsB1) 

1.  Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.  
  2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom is added to the list with a checkmark in front of it.  
  3. If Lightroom is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.  
  4. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom under Full disk access found in the same list as Accessibility.
    SameerK_0-1650548768008.png
  5. Once done, lock the padlock to save the changes.
  6. Search for Disk Utility from Finder's spotlight search or magnifying glass.
  7. Run 'First Aid' diagnostic on the external drive. Check this to learn more: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210898
  8. Restart the computer.

Let us know if this helps,

Thanks!

Sameer K

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks. First off, software versions

- Mac OS Monterey 12.3.1
- Lightroom 11.3 / Camera Raw 14.3
- PS 23.3

Photos are stored in an external drive, and backed up automatically to a second external drive.

The problem occurred with only some photos, not all. I have about 12,000 images in my LR Library. Most are saved as DNG, a few are AWR (Sony RAW).

I tried the permissions thing, and it may have done the trick as far as exporting and emailing the photos. However, when I try to do “Edit In Photoshop 2022”, it draws a blank and gives a “disk error” message. On the other hand, if in Photoshop I select “Open” and find the original file on the drive, it will open and edit the photo. So problem partially solved.

Should I do the “permissions” thing for Photoshop as well?

Thanks for the prompt reply.

John Cate
JohnCatePhotos.com
jwcate@me.com
415-425-8333

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines