• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to import photos to LR classic

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -- I have a new iMac with Big Sur. I am using an EHD to store photos. I create LR catalogs in LR classic for each year. I am trying to import photos into my 2019 LR catalog from a folder of about 500 photos from the EHD. From within LR, I click on import, navigate to the photos on the EHD, check all, click done. The little import photos long rectangular box top left pops up briefly, then shuts, and no photos are imported. i have tried copy as DNG, copy, and add (the only option I haven't tried is move, because I don't actually want to move the photos from the existing folder). I was previously able to import this way many times from other folders and into other catalogs, but am unable to import now. I tried selecting all of the photos and dragging them into LR, same result. I am wondering if it has to do with the latest Big Sur update. Any suggestions on another way to import? TIA for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem with Big Sur and LR Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I tried re-booting the computer, and then the "import" option was available (it had not been visible after the last Big Sure update) and it solved the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines