• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to locate my photos

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to the new Lightroom Classic CC.. It said i had to Upgrade the catalog. When i did so 60,000 photos are MISSING!!!!!!!!!!!! what the HELL! are you FOOLS at adobe doing!?!????????!~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now no matter what catalog i load it tells me its old and needs to upgrade and everything is missing from the last 4 YEARS

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Lightroom Classic forum from Get Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Lightroom Classic.

Would you mind sharing more information like the location where these images that now show missing in the catalog are stored? Do you see a question mark on the folders in the Library module?

Also, which version of Lightroom version you using prior to updating the application to the latest version?

You can try: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/help/locate-missing-photos.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I was Already using Lightroom CC Classic.

I have only one Catalog and it was stored on my imac in the default location. Now when i open it says this (please see the photos attached. When i click NO, upgrade the old catalog, it does so, and then just adds a new catalog for example Catalog-8.. and its missing years of photos. My orginal catalog had from 2008-2020...now its ending at 2010- 2015. There are no question marks, there is just nothing there at all.Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 11.09.47 pm.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-09 at 11.10.49 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were the images stored or an external drive which is currently not connected to the computer while you are updating the catalog? Would you mind sharing a screen shot of the folder structure as it appears in the library module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikunj.

All photos are stores on my local harddrive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i am guessing have to reimport ever years folder back into lightrooms catlog because its stuffed it.? What about all the changes ive made to photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 11.16.22 pm.pngNothing between 2015 and 2020, 2019 and 2020 folders still there but totally empty, image count 10902, should be 70,000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outside of Lightroom Classic, In your OS, in Finder, what is your file structure, your concept of where you store the photos?

Hmm, how to explain/ask this?

Appears you are storing on your photos on your main hard drive, your MACs boot drive, Macintosh HD. Now are these photos then in a specific parent folder/directory?

In that parent folder, are their then sub folders for particular photos? Clearly yes, At least some by date. Is it a nicely behaved logical structure as opposed to say being all over the Place?

Perhaps you can share an image of that a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Continued

Next up, in Lightroom Classic, in the Folders Panel, can that be expanded to show what should have been, if LRC update behaved, the full structure, all the way up to the parent folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you can see the full available structure, and nothing formerly missing shows up as missing then consider a sync folder action, at the parent folder location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternate approach

The update of the catalog will have created a copy of the previous catalog. The previous catalog will still exist. 

As you know trying to open the previous catalog with the new version of Lightroom Classic is not a solution.

Instead, backtrack (aka downgrade/revert/rollback etc), uninstall the LRC v9 via the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. Reinstall the older version via the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. Double click on the old catalog. Inspect the catalog for file issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just experienced thios very same thing!!  the last 4 years of photos are GONE!!!    Did nyou get this resolved??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines