• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to locate Range Mask

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, For a few days now, I have no longer had access to end-of-the-range masks. How to reactivate them? Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

When you made your Sky local adjustment you did not create one thing, you created two:

• a mask container (Masque1) with a set of picture adjustments associated;
  • and inside that container, an auto Sky masking component.

To modify that masking further, you will need to add further masking components inside Masque1. These will combine together using either Add or Subtract logic, can be inverted as you wish, deleted etc.

If you click on Masque1 that expands to display its components - probably only a S

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you familiar with the new (October 2021) changes to the Range slider?

Rob_Cullen_0-1638395077304.png

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I no longer have access to the range masks, this is how my screen is when I am on a sky mask, I wanted to have access to the luminance mask, but I no longer have the option. Thanks for being able to help me.

Lightroom v11 - masques.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you made your Sky local adjustment you did not create one thing, you created two:

• a mask container (Masque1) with a set of picture adjustments associated;
  • and inside that container, an auto Sky masking component.

To modify that masking further, you will need to add further masking components inside Masque1. These will combine together using either Add or Subtract logic, can be inverted as you wish, deleted etc.

If you click on Masque1 that expands to display its components - probably only a Sky selection at the moment. It also reveals buttons to create new Add or Subtract components, and from there you see the choice of selection methods. Luminance range is one of those. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, But yes, of course, your explanation is great! I actually found the range masks as indicated. Thank you very much for your help, I wish you a very good day and happy holidays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the Adobe Support Community, in Lightroom Classic, Under Discussion, right near the top, notice the document link that is ALWAYS provided when updates/upgrades are released. Here:

GoldingD_0-1638475141208.png

I have encircled the link in the screenshot above, go in the actual web page, and click on that link

GoldingD_1-1638475141210.png

Notice the link within that document that I encircled, on the actual web page, click on it

GoldingD_2-1638475141211.png

That brings up a document Adobe ALWAYS posts at updates and upgrades. Several articles may be included. Especially at upgrades. Notice that I circled two, you will want/need to bring up and read both. For now, for the subject at hand, on the actual web page, click on that one circled in red, the one about Masking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After watching this, check out the latest massive updates here: PEOPLE MASKING & MORE! What's new in Lightroom October 2022 https://youtu.be/uLJBqS9g4O0 Welcome to the world-exclusive first LIGHTROOM MASKING TUTORIAL! A massive update to the Adobe Lightroom suite of apps (and Adobe Camera Raw) ...
In this tutorial, discover how easy it is to make local adjustments to your photographs using Lightroom Classic's new Masking panel and tools including Select Subject, Select Sky, Radial and Linear Gradients, Brush, Color and Luminance Range Masking, and more! Subscribe to Adobe Photoshop ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines