Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Merge Photos into HDR - DJI Mini Drone

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys!

I'm super new to Lightroom and have been watching hours of youtube videos a day, I really struggle to understand the computer language around file types and the terminology.  I'll do my best to explain and hopefully someone could kindly help troubleshoot this with me 🙂 

I have a DJI Mini 2 drone that has taken 3 photos, shot in AEB and JPEG+RAW, exactly the same photo, no movement at all. Phots are below 

When I go to merge 2 or 3 in Lightroom, it says "one or more photo may lack the metadata neccessary for merging".

I would appreciate it so much if someone could spend some time helping! Or even link some useful beginner guides to get my head around it. Thanks 🙂 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'When I go to merge 2 or 3 in Lightroom, it says "one or more photo may lack the metadata neccessary for merging".'

If you are trying to use LrC Photo Merge HDR then LrC is looking for photos with different exposure adjustments. If all were shot with the same shutter, exposure and ISO then HDR will not give you anything,

For LrC Photo Merge HDR, it's expecting bracket shots to merge together. That is likely the missing metadata the error is referring to.Also, I'd recommend merging the same type of photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue is that you are probably trying to merge JPG and RAW images, since your mini is shooting both. Activate your filter and select RAW from the Type dropdown. You should be able to merge them then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines