• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open LrC newer than v11.0.1

Participant ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m on a Mac mini 2018 running macOS Monterey 12.3.1.  LrC v 11.0.1 installs and runs fine but when I attempt to upgrade to v11.1, 11.2, 11.3 or 11.3.1 Lightroom hangs on the splash screen, won't open my catalog and I have to do a force quit to close out. I have Googled for answers and searched in this forum and the Lightroom Queen forum where I've read of similar problems but haven't found a successful solution for my issue. 

I've reset Preferences; I've tried reinstalling all of the newer versions; I've run Adobe CC Cleaner then reinstalled Creative Cloud and Lightroom; I've run OnyX.  Nothing has fixed my problem.  Prior to this I've had no issues with LrC upgrades.  I'm baffled, to say the least.

I hope that an Adobe expert, or anyone, can provide a solution.

Thanks.

David

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging into another account (you may need to make one), still locking up? 
Try starting up in Safe mode (hold down Shift Key when booting), still locking up? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It will have to be a couple of days before I can, but I'll give both of these a try.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something changed in Mac OS 12.3.1, and many people are finding they need to grant LR Full Disk Access. After installing LR 11.3.1, follow these steps to grant Full Disk Access:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

Let us know whether that fixes the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  This is another thing I had already done, as well as allowing LrC to control my computer under "Accessibility".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines