• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to transfer OM-1 high resolution files into Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased an OM Systems OM-1 mark II camera. The camera is capable of creating high resolution photos (80 MP files) using the cameras native 20MP sensor. It creates the high res files by taking mulitple shots and merging them (in camera) to create a single high res image. Unfortunatly Lightroom Classic does not seem to be able to import these high res files. The normal resolution files transfer with no issue, it's only the 80MP high resolution images which won't transfer. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload a sample .orf to Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar and post the sharing link here.  We can verify that the issue occurs on other installations. Assuming it does, then at a minimum, a footnote should be added to the Supported Cameras help page indicating this limitation, similar to the footnotes for Canons with the Dual Pixel feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced the same issue. The strange thing is that high res. handheld (40 Mp) files is imported. They both have a seperate *.ORI file assosiated with the finished *.ORF file. The import should be the same for both file sizes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to change the in-camera setting for high resolution images from 12 bit to 14 bit. After I did that, I was successfully able to transfer all high resolution images into Lightroom. On the OM-1 mark II, this setting can be found under the purple camera 2 menu. Look for "High Res Shot" then "RAW Rescording Bit".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Strange solution, but thanks a lot for that solution - help al lot !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now tested this om my old camera (E-M1 mk3) which also can produce both 40 and 80 mp files. I found that Lighroom imports the high res files from the old camera just fine. From the new OM-1 only the 40 mp files will import! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines