• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to view images in Mobile Downloads.lrdata

Participant ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to a HD failure, I've recently had to reinstall LrC, restore the catalog, restore the images etc.  All that has been done and is working.  Btw running LrC 12.1 in Win 10 Pro.  However, I occasionally shoot pics from my iPhone through LR and have sync enable.  The images have synced, my synced images totals between LrC and LR match, and I can physically view the LR shot images on my C drive in the Lightroom\Mobile Downloads.lrdata folder via Windows Explorer.  All that is good.  The only problem is that in LrC Library module, I can't find them.  They're clearly in the catalog but LrC doesn't display the folder they're in so I can't get to them.  Something's clearly out of sorts from all the rebuilding exercises.  Any thoughts anyone?  In the past I've been able to just go to the folder in the Library module where they were and deal with them like any other imported image.  Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

If the images are visible in the catalog, then just select one and choose 'Photo - Go to Folder in Library'. Lightroom will show you the folder where this image resides, because an image cannot be in Lightroom and not be in a folder. The default is that Mobile Downloads appears in the folder panel as a separate 'Device', like a separate drive. Maybe that is why you can't find the folder, because you are looking for it in the wrong place (the drive that holds the catalog).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the images are visible in the catalog, then just select one and choose 'Photo - Go to Folder in Library'. Lightroom will show you the folder where this image resides, because an image cannot be in Lightroom and not be in a folder. The default is that Mobile Downloads appears in the folder panel as a separate 'Device', like a separate drive. Maybe that is why you can't find the folder, because you are looking for it in the wrong place (the drive that holds the catalog).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Johan!  You were exactly right.  I see the iPhone device now with the images I couldn't find.  I just didn't look far enough down under the regular drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines