Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Unexpected Error opening catalog after computer crash

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Macbook crashed last night and since restarting my computer several times I get an "unexpected error opening catalog" message whenever I try to open my most recent catalog on any version of Lightroom. Unfortunately, I don't have a backup of the majority of the work I've done in the past week, so I am really hoping to access the catalog. Any help would be much appreciated! 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Unexpected error opening catalog" usually means a corrupted catalog file, and its not hard to imagine that your crash has something to do with this.

I would definitely use the most recent backup you have. I would also try placing the unzipped backup on a different disk, as your primary hard disk seems suspect at this point.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines